- Please do not have anything to eat or drink (including water) at least 5 hours prior to surgery.
- Arrange to have a responsible adult accompany you home after surgery.
- Medication will be administered by a vein, commonly in the hand or arm. Please wear loose fitting clothing without sleeves, or with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewellery and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- You should not drive, operate any form of machinery, or make any important decisions for at least 24 hours after the procedure.